BIGGEST LOSER B-DAY

Happy-Black-GirlHello Friends of the Blog, I hope that all is well with you. I know that it’s been awhile since my last blog. Hopefully, I’ll get my blogger’s mojo back soon.  I wanted to chime in today because it’s My Birthday. (YEAH!) I decided to take a moment to finish a blog that I started on Saturday, 2/15/15.

So, here goes:

About 30 ladies who are a part of a mommy group that I’m a part of  and I have decided to do a version of The Biggest Loser. (Shout out Mama Sisterhood of PG County) Today is day #4. Of a 71 day challenge that is over on April 30. We sent our weigh in number and paid a small entry fee on 2/18.  To have a little motivation, the lady who loses the most weight gets 80% of the entry fee pot and the 2nd place wins the other 20%.  Many of us our still carrying baby weight, so this is a good chance to have encouragement from each other to lose our “butts and guts”. And hopefully, get that Sexy back by the summer – We’ll see.

As of Friday, I’ve lost 3lbs! Yeah 🙂 I know the first 5lbs are usually water. But I’m happy that some of the water weight is gone. I hope 27 more pounds of its friends will do the same.

Today was a snow day here in MD. It really could have turned into a lazy day. But with my two boys being home and the husband at work, the chances of just chillin’ was a little slim.

After we had our homemade banana nut waffles,  I noticed that the boys were moving around a lot. (Perhaps it was a syrup sugar rush… not sure.) I decided to take my queue for the day from them, so after breakfast, I put on Jessica Smith’s, Zumba Dance Party (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZz6w0teVWM). That was more for me.  They weren’t really interested, but they danced a little. Then, Kids Fit Factory for them, they like that one a lot because they get to exercise and see the animals. Then back to me, I chose, Jessica Smith’s kickboxing 101 and then I found Kids Dance music. (all of these were free on youtube)  They had a blast with this. Before I knew it, it was 3:30, we had lunch, they watched a movie and then, I let them go out and play in the snow for about a 1/2 hour. They came in had warm chicken soup and then a bath. My little guy fell asleep as soon as his head hit the bed :o) and the other one was not far behind.

I noticed that I had a lot of energy, even after I finally got them settled in, I still felt charged.  So, there’s something to getting up and moving right after eating or even while feeling sluggish. You ever notice with little ones, the only time they really just lay around is if they don’t feel well?  Then after that you are telling them to sit down 50 times an hour. To be honest, I enjoyed the day of having the energy of a child. I even felt charged enough to move their bedroom furniture before they went to bed! I had to make myself sit down and unwind for the night. I learned a key… K.I.M: Keep It Moving!

As I continue with this Biggest Loser competition with the other moms, I plan to keep it moving. I want to implement things that I enjoy doing first of all and eat what I know I can maintain.

I will keep you posted on my progress. Today is 2/26. I’ve lost 5lbs.  I’m happy about that. My goal is 30lbs at the end of the competition on 4/30.  Wish me Luck!

#onmywaybacktosexy, #singlechinsarein,  #nomoreliftingthebellytoseethetreasures   (lol!)

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.